Nicholson Sheffield Architects Inc. is a small (15+) London, Ontario based firm with a 35+ year history building strong relationships with our clients and industry partners, and a reputation for designing buildings and spaces of enduring social and cultural value to the community. The firm has won many awards at the local and national levels.
We enjoy the privilege of working on a wide range of project types, of varying scale and complexity including college and university facilities, K-12 schools, healthcare, housing, custom homes, cultural, and commercial buildings. We strive to meet design challenges and the needs of our clients with creative and effective solutions, and a high-level of professional excellence. As a result, we are honoured to serve many of our clients on a repeat basis. The office is structured such that our team members are trained in all aspects of the profession in order to meet the needs of our clients and community. As a member of our team, you will be given the opportunity to gain a full breadth of professional experience.
Nicholson Sheffield Architect Inc. is always looking for experienced, enthusiastic people to join our team. We currently have an immediate opening for the position of Architectural Technologist.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Production of project documentation, working drawings, and details.
- Coordination and collaboration with sub-consultants.
- Problem-solving to resolve design/technical issues
- Collaborating with architects, technologists, and consultants on your team to ensure the conceptual design intent is carried through detailed design, contract documents, and into construction
Skills required include:
- Ability and motivation to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to manage your time, and to work to deadlines within a tight schedule and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects and coordinate with consultants
- Facility with Revit and with other 3D design, modelling and rendering software;
- Strong technical knowledge and detailing abilities; working knowledge of common building systems and construction detailing;
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and related standards;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Your qualifications include:
- Degree in a recognized Architectural Technology Program at a post-secondary institution recognized in Canada
- Advanced Revit knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, building systems, construction methods, and architectural detailing
- Knowledge with other 3D design, modeling and rendering software (including but not limited to: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Lumion, Adobe software)
If you would like to join our team, please submit your PDF (or online) CV and portfolio applications to email@example.comInclude “Architectural Technologist” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.