Nicholson Sheffield Architects Inc. is a small, well-respected architectural firm based in London, Ontario. We have over 39 years of history building strong relationships with our clients and industry partners. The firm has built a reputation of designing buildings and spaces of enduring social and cultural value to the community. We have won many awards at the local and national levels.
If you are looking to be engaged on a wide variety of project types, of varying scale and complexity including multi-family housing, college and university facilities, K-12 schools, healthcare, cultural, and commercial buildings, this is your opportunity. We strive to meet design challenges with creative and effective solutions that appease the needs of our clients with a high-level of professionalism. As a result, many of our clients ask to work with us on their next project, which could not be achieved without the collective and collaborative efforts of our staff. As a member of our team, you will be given the opportunity to gain a broad range of professional experience.
Nicholson Sheffield Architects are looking for experienced, enthusiastic, people to join our team. We have an immediate opening for the position of Intern Architect.
The successful applicant will have a commitment to design excellence and execution, together with strong skills in the preparation of design concepts and visualizations, design development drawings and presentation materials. You will also work with our team of architects, technologists, and consultants to coordinate design intent through detailed design and contract documents. The successful applicant is passionate about architecture, and demonstrates excellent organizational, communication, and design problem solving skills.
- A professionally accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 2 years post-graduate experience.
- Registration in the OAA Intern Architect Program.
- Experience with the regulatory approval process.
- Strong design-based skills.
- Work with Principals and Associates to coordinate project deliverables.
- Provide oversight in the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of project phases.
- Oversee, develop, and guide design concepts and visualizations, design development drawings and presentation materials.
- Collaborate with architects, technologists, and consultants to ensure the concept design intent is carried through detailed design, contract documents, and construction.
- Demonstrate your passion for architecture through your strong organizational, communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability and motivation to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage your time, work on multiple projects, and work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Visual and graphic presentation skills.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Revit experience is mandatory together with fluency in other design, modelling, and rendering software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and related standards.
- Working knowledge of common building systems and construction detailing.
- Specialized knowledge, training, or certification in architectural aspects of environmental sustainability not mandatory but considered a plus.
If you would like to join our team, please submit your CV and portfolio applications to email@example.com. Include “OAA – Intern Architect” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.