Nicholson Sheffield Architects is a well-respected firm based in London, Ontario, with over 38 years of history building strong relationships with our clients and industry partners. We have a reputation for designing buildings and spaces of enduring social and cultural value to the community. The firm has won many awards at the local and national levels.
If you are looking to be engaged on a wide range of project types, of varying scale and complexity including college and university facilities, K-12 schools, healthcare, housing, custom homes, cultural, and commercial buildings, this may be the opportunity for you. We strive to meet design challenges and the needs of our clients with creative and effective solutions, and a high level of professionalism. As a result, we continue to work with many of our clients on their next project, which could not be achieved without the collective and collaborative efforts of our staff. As a member of our team, you will be given the opportunity to gain a broad diversity of professional experience.
Nicholson Sheffield Architect Inc. is always looking for experienced, enthusiastic people to join our team. We currently have an immediate opening for the position of Intern Architect.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to design excellence and execution, together with strong skills in the production and coordination of contract documents with annotated and dimensioned drawings. You must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration on a variety of project types.
- A professionally accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 2 years post-graduate experience.
- Registration in the OAA Intern Architect Program.
- Experience with the local municipal approvals process.
- Work with Principals and Associates to coordinate project deliverables.
- Provide oversight in the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of project phases.
- Oversee, develop, and guide design concepts and visualizations, design development drawings and presentation materials.
- Collaboration with architects, technologists, and consultants to ensure the conceptual design intent is carried through detailed design, contract documents, and construction.
- Demonstrate your passion for architecture through your strong organizational, communication, presentation and critical thinking skills.
- Ability and motivation to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage your time, work on multiple projects, work to deadlines within a tight schedule and fast paced environment.
- Visual and graphic presentation skills.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Revit experience is mandatory together with fluency in other design, modelling, and rendering software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and related standards.
- Working knowledge of common building systems and construction detailing.
- Specialized knowledge, training, or certification in architectural aspects of environmental sustainability not mandatory but considered a plus.
If you would like to join our team, please submit your CV and portfolio applications to email@example.com. Include “OAA – Intern Architect“ in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.